The Easter Bunny came to Warman
this year...
Here you see Maddie making her "Bunny Hutch" with Grandma and Grandpa B. About a week before I was talking on the phone with mom and out of the blue she says "We bought a bunny hutch that Maddie can put together with Grandpa".
Silence on my end as my heart stopped in horror. Were they REALLY giving her a damn bunny for Easter? Seriously?
Imagine the relief when I realized the hutch was made of COOKIE.
Easter Morning:
"Grandma, lets put the blinds up so the Easter Bunny can see us"
- blinds go up -
---pause---
"What colour is his car?"
Behind the scenes: there were no hidden eggs when Maddie woke up. Why?
Four reasons:
1. She is the first to get up.
2. I'm not setting my alarm just to hide eggs.
3. We have two (2) beagles. One of which I swear has Pica.
4. Chocolate is a very bad idea for dogs. We learned this at Christmas.
So...
Maddie went with Grandma and Grandpa to Blueberry Hill (hill behind our house) to look for aforementioned Bunny. They missed him though b/c he stopped by our house while she was out. Luckily he had time to hide several eggs on the lawn, in the house, and on the deck. But not until we had kenneled the dogs!
Happy Easter!
Absolutely priceless! :o)
ReplyDeletehahaha I was dying thinking you were getting a bunny...then wondering how long it would last with 2 beagles...then, wondering how you would explain bunny's disappearance to Maddie when there are fluff balls everywhere.
ReplyDeletespeaking of traumatic rabbit stories, I have my own that involves a hive tool...
at school Vangie asked Maddie, "Did the Easter Bunny come to your house and hide chocolate treats"? Maddies response, "No, he just came over for Coffee". with a serious look on her face.
ReplyDeletethat's just 'ridiculously' funny!!
That is some serious prep for an bunny visit. He missed our house this year because I hit the snooze when he rang the doorbell!
ReplyDeleteJust think all the fun a bunny and the beagles would be!!!!! You know I only think this is funny if the bunny is coming to your house!
ReplyDelete